AGA Z223112 / ANSI Z223.1 / NFPA 54
National Fuel Gas Code, 2012 Edition
standard by American Gas Association, 08/31/2011
This publication is produced by the American Gas Association.
Improve protection against fire and explosion hazards using the 2012 NFPA 54: National Fuel Gas Code.
Updated for newly recognized risks and for the latest techniques, materials, developments, and construction practices in use today, the 2012 NFPA 54: National Fuel Gas Code provides revised, industry accepted guidance for the safe installation and operation of gas piping systems, appliances, equipment, and accessories.
New indoor gas piping purging rules address recommendations by the U.S. Chemical Safety Board (CSB).
In response to a devastating gas piping purging accident, NFPA 54 received an emergency Tentative Interim Amendment to the purging requirements in the 2009 Code. With minor editorial changes, the 2012 NFPA 54 / ANSI Z223.1 incorporates these critical rules specifying mandatory use of combustible gas indicators and detectors so employers can identify the presence of fuel gas.
Other major changes improve safety and facilitate Code application:
- New bonding clamp location for CSST clarifies bonding requirements added in the 2009 edition of theCode.
- Added overpressure protection for 2 psi (14 kPa) regulators improves convenience for designers and installers at industrial sites.
- Two new tables make it easier to size schedule 40 steel pipe for higher pressure drops in natural gas service.
- Expanded sizing tables are provided for natural gas and propane polyethylene.
Annexes provide a wealth of additional information, such as:
- Details on coordinating of appliance and equipment design, construction, and maintenance — including a design and construction checklist
- Steps on checking for leakage and suggested emergency procedures for gas leaks
Never underestimate fuel gas dangers!
The 2012 National Fuel Gas Code provides a more effective means of ensuring fuel gas safety on consumers’ premises. From design to installation, maintenance, and inspection, no matter what aspect of fuel gas safety your job involves, the latest edition of NFPA 54 is essential.
- 9781455900947, 9781455901159
- Number of Pages:
- File Size:
- 1 file , 2.1 MB
- Part of:
- AGA Z223112 / Handbook Set
- Product Code(s):
- 30406- 07-1093