Power Plant Pumps: Guidelines for Application and Operation to Maximize Uptime, Availability, and Reliability
Handbook / Manual / Guide by Hydraulic Institute, 2012
A one-of-a-kind guide exclusively for the application and operation of pumps in combined-cycle power plant service.
Power Plant Pumps: Guidelines for Application and Operation to Maximize Uptime, Availability, and Reliability offers comprehensive insights into the application and operation of pumps used in combined-cycle power plants. The information found in this guide on proper pump selection and operation are crucial for minimizing energy consumption and increasing overall plant efficiency, reliability, and profitability. Based on the equipment used in a typical 400 MW combined-cycle plant, this guide describes important details about the pump types used, offers guidance for proper selection of main and auxiliary service pumps, and describes the significance of proper operation of pumps in power plant service. This guide:
- Identifies the styles of pumps used in combined-cycle power plants and provides recommendations for operating them at the highest efficiency and greatest reliability
- Places an emphasis on boiler feed, boiler feed boosting, condensate, condenser circulating, boiler circulating, and heater drain pump applications
- Describes the basic operation of combined-cycle plants and how to achieve increased uptime, availability, and reliability
- Contains useful information about the materials of construction for main and auxiliary service pumps, pump mechanical seals and packing recommendations, and lubrication systems that are used for pumps in power plant applications.
Power Plant Pumps is an informative and valuable guide for engineers, designers, trainers, maintenance staff, and plant operators of combined-cycle power plants.
- Number of Pages:
- File Size:
- 1 file , 21 MB
- This product is unavailable in Belarus, Russia